Best Tips for an Off-Shore Fishing Excursion:
- Always carry your cruise card, photo identification, and a credit card with you.
- It's going to be hot! Make sure you pack sun protection, hat, and sunglasses.
- Anti-bacterial gel. You'll appreciate it when you want to grab a snack after handling the fish.
- Bring a large towel from the ship. They will typically allow it, but don't forget to return!
- Wear shoes with non-slip soles or better yet, a closed toe shoe.
- If you don't take it ahead of time, bring a chewable anti-nausea medicine such as Bonine. The hot sun and rocking motion of the boat when anchored can make the most experienced sailor seasick.
- Bring extra cash, enough to tip the crew. They will be working hard to ensure you have a great time. Whether it's helping you drop your line or releasing the fish, they are happy to do it all.