You are so excited to go on your perfectly, virtually planned cruise vacation, but now you need to pack. Packing the right way can definitely make or break your cruise.
my favorite 5 tips what to pack:
1. Pack Shoes in XL (2-gallon size) Plastic Zipper Bags. Not only does this protect your clothes when packing for your trip, but provides a great place to store sandy or wet swimsuits and shoes for the trip home.
2. Waterproof passport ID case for passports. I'm not a fan of carrying my passport off the ship when exploring, but I realize it's recommended. I make sure to keep it in a waterproof pouch to protect it from rain or any water activities that I may be doing. Depending on your style, look for a waterproof passport ID case with a neck or wrist strap for extra security and easy access. Also, don't forget to make 2 copies of your passports and important documents. Leave one copy at home with friend or family member, and bring the other with you to keep in your cabin whenever leaving the ship.
4. Sweatshirt or sweater. Yes! Even in the Caribbean, it can get chilly in the dining rooms, theater or late nights on deck.
5. Prepare in case of minor injuries/medical needs. You don’t want to leave the pool or beach for a small cut or headache. Bring along your own first-aid supplies and it will save you time and money. I always pack:
On the flip side, don’t waste valuable luggage weight and space on items not necessary to bring on a cruise.
My favorite 5 Tips what NOT to pack:
3. Hair dryer. These are usually provided in the cabins, although check the cruise website if unsure. But if you like to bring your own, I'll bring an older one and then dispose of it before the trip home (great way to make room for extra souvenirs, too.)
4. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Many people have distinct preferences (especially if you have treated hair), but the quality of toiletries that I find on cruise ships typically surpasses what you find in a hotel. They have wonderful brands, scents and are usually generously sized bottles.
My Virtual Vacations Blog
About the Author
Thanks for cruising by! Along with creating this website and blog, I work in an office full-time and as a mom to two energetic teenage boys. With our family's busy work and school schedule, we look forward to traveling during holidays. Although it seems that our family can never agree on anything, we do when it comes to vacations. We typically travel on cruises or stay at luxury hotels. We enjoy upscale dining, beautiful decor, excellent service, and spacious accommodations. However, with a family including two teenage boys, we still need family friendly and comfortable.
Virtually escape and start planning your next luxurious cruise vacation on land or sea with My Virtual Vacations. Contact me for any specific questions or recommendations. And don't forget to keep checking back for the latest blog posts and information. There are always more family vacations in our future!
About the Photos
Our beautiful photographs are creatively captured by my talented freelance husband/photographer located in Baltimore, MD. Click here to explore more of his work.
Time flies! We are quickly moving into the cooler months and that means the winter holidays are on the way!
We'll be heading to a winter wonderland in Washington, D.C. this holiday season and staying at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. We are excited to try their renovated restaurant Article One and experience the winter flair!
A stop at the National Christmas Tree is a must, as well as to explore the city for all of the best holiday decorations.
Here are a few other events that we hope to attend and you might want to visit too!
December 14, 2018
Chef Lisa Dahl's Holiday Wine Dinner Extravaganza at
Mariposa - Latin Inspired Grill
2018 Holly Jolly Trolley Lights Tour departing from:
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
550 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
If you have suggestions for My Virtual Vacations to visit, reach out to us on our Submission Form. We'd love to hear from you!
Be in the know!
Sign up for our email list and you'll receive a sneak peek when we have an update or new blog post.