Maryland Crab Soup
2 quarts water
2 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, crushed
2 (14 oz) packages frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups diced potatoes
3 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
2 pounds Maryland crab claws
1 pound Maryland crabmeat
- Cook chopped bacon in a large pot on medium-high heat until barely crisp.
- Add water and tomatoes first, then remaining ingredients, except for the crabmeat.
- Cook for about 60 minutes.
- Add crabmeat to soup.
- Heat until hot throughout and taste for salt and pepper.
After we were back home, I tried to reproduce these delicious beef skewers. I think this recipe does a pretty authentic job, although I'll never be able to recreate the magical feeling of Harbor Nights and eating them overlooking the blue water of Bermuda.
1-1/2 pounds sirloin, sliced in thin strips lengthwise
1/4 cup Tamari Sauce (a more intense version of soy sauce)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green onions, sliced thin
- Soak skewers in a dish of water
- In a bowl, add Tamari sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, green onions, and steak strips
- Cover and marinate up to 1 day
- Thread each piece of meat on the skewers
- Grill on both sides until caramelized on the edges
Celebrity Cruises Slider Sauce
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sweet chili sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost with "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.