The Alcoves on Celebrity Cruises for Family Travel
Alcoves available on Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette and NEW on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox.
I highly recommend! Why? This might not be the way to keep the cost down on your vacation, but if you have the opportunity to get an Alcove on top of Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette or Celebrity Solstice, it's a fantastic way to spend a day at sea.
You will absolutely love them! It's the best way to avoid searching for a lounge chair by the pool, finding an open table to have lunch by the Mast Grill, or constantly looking for the rest of the family to join you. By booking ahead, you'll have this prime piece of real estate for an entire day and can peacefully enjoy the sun and ocean breeze. On Celebrity Reflection, The Porch is right across the lawn to enjoy an upscale lunch (they'll even pack it "to go".) The best part is the rental is from 9 AM to 9 PM, so you can head in to have dinner and then find your peaceful alcove waiting for you. Enjoy the stars with a glass of wine and dessert - it's the perfect "secret" spot!
When you arrive to claim your Alcove on the day of your reservation, you'll find each alcove personalized with a guest's name. Just look for your designated spot and the butler should arrive shortly to get your day started. You can call the butler from a phone inside of the Alcove throughout the day if you need anything. When reserving an alcove, it will come with bottled water and a chilled fruit platter. Your butler can also bring you additional food or beverages throughout the day (may be extra fee for food selections) or open and close the awning depending on the sun, as well as answer any questions about ports you are visiting, suggest a specialty restaurant, order a spa service for you, and more.
Photo taken on board Celebrity Solstice June 2018 and June 2019
This is a fabulous redesign of the lawn with alcoves and a large movie theater on top of Celebrity Solstice. You can't beat these amenities with an Alaskan snow-capped mountain view in the background!
Photos taken on board Celebrity Reflection March 2016
A different look and feel, these are the original alcoves first introduced on Celebrity Reflection. They will have a redo when the ship is revolutionized in 2023.
Virtual Hint: When cruising with a family, an alcove is the perfect meeting spot! Even if your kids run off to enjoy an activity or the basketball court, you'll have a great centralized place for everyone to meet back or leave their belongings.
Beautiful grass in front of the ocean...where else can you see that? The grass is also perfect for sunbathing.Even if you don't reserve an Alcove for the day, enjoying the green lawn is unique. Have a seat in the oversized deck chairs or bring some pool towels over and lay out on the plush grass.
Plus, on the Celebrity Reflection, you'll be only steps away from some of the best grilling at sea. The Lawn Club Grill is a delicious specialty restaurant where guests can watch and participate in grilling amazing flat breads and more.
Reserving an alcove is a priceless experience, although it does come at a price. The charge may fluctuate depending on your cruise, but currently they are $99 on port days and $249 on sea days. If you want a bargain and enjoy this experience during a docking or sailaway, keep in mind that port days are considered if you are at port at any part of the day. For example, if you are docked in Aruba and the ship leaves at 1:00 PM, the cost of the alcove is for a port day. This is amazing since you can still enjoy a luxurious afternoon and evening at sea. Have you ever enjoyed an alcove? I'd love to hear!
Another design of the alcoves is featured on Celebrity Equinox and the new Edge Class (Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex.)
So, what do you get when you reserve a Celebrity Cruises alcove? Here's the scoop directly from their website:
Are you booked on an upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation and ready to book your alcove? I thought so! Some people have found this a bit tricky to do, so I've provided step-by-step directions below. Here's how you book an alcove:
- Log into your account on Celebrity Cruises website
- Once you see "Welcome + your name", click and select "Upcoming cruises"
- Click "Plan my cruise" to start planning shore excursions, dining, and more.
- Confirm your reservation is showing correctly at the top. You should see the name of your cruise, along with ship name and dates. Then, click "Dining" on the bar.
- Scroll down until you see the alcoves.
- (Screenshot 1 below) Click to "Add to Cart"
- (Screenshot 2 below) You'll then have the option to "Select Guests." Click the checkbox for just ONE person in your party. If you check more than one, it will not let you proceed to purchase. To note, the alcove can hold up to 4 guests; however, you will book it for only for one.
- Click "Next"
- (Screenshot 3 below) From the drop down, select the Day - Date available. You will see the Time will show with 3:00 AM and then the cost. Currently, it's $249 for a sea day and $99 for a port day. Don't worry about the time. You will have the alcove from the morning at 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM at night.
- Click "Next" to see in your cart and then proceed to payment method. If you have onboard credit available, you can apply it at this time. Celebrity Cruises is one of the few cruise lines that allows you to use your onboard credit as soon as it's issued.