Celebrity Cruises Exclusive Perks
I always love to find ways to upscale my cruise and I've recently discovered these new offerings from Celebrity Cruises. Both the Celebrity Cruises Premier Pass and the Celebrity Cruises Extend Your Stay can be found in the "Plan my cruise" section of your current Celebrity Cruises booking. Read the full descriptions from the Celebrity Cruises website below and my thoughts on signing up for these exclusive perks to find out...are they worth it?
Celebrity Cruises Premier Pass
Now you can upscale your Celebrity Cruises cruise with their new Premier Pass. Here's the information direct from the Celebrity Cruises website:
Introducing Premier Pass, our newest and most innovative vacation package for 2 guests. It offers a series of unique cruise experiences to elevate your vacation to the next luxurious level. Purchase the Premier Pass before you sail and enjoy VIP access to the ship, including priority boarding. You’ll have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot waiting in your stateroom when you arrive - just our way of saying, “Welcome aboard.” Your pass includes our most popular Inside Access Tour where you’ll discover the inner workings of the ship from the bridge to the engine room. Your pass also includes a meal with one of the ship’s officers - complete with a photo of you and the captain. During your sailing, you’ll savor an exclusive food and wine pairing, keep in touch with unlimited internet access for two devices, and look your best in every port with personal laundry service on board.
The Premier Pass includes all this - for one set price:
- Priority embarkation and debarkation
- Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot
- Unlimited internet access (two devices)
- Inside Access tour (two guests)
- Officer’s lunch (two guests)
- Captain’s toast and photo
- Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests) - wine is complimentary
- Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)
If you are ready to upscale your already booked cruise vacation with Celebrity Cruise Premier Pass style, upload their PDF with instructions:
So, is the Celebrity Cruises Premier Pass worth it?
I've done the research and YES. This is a fantastic way to luxuriously upscale your cruise experience for $600. I'd consider this for a number of reasons. I'll break it down for you. First, what's included that you may or may not need:
- If you are staying in a Concierge Class stateroom or higher, you probably already get number 1.
- If you've booked with complimentary perks (either with a sale or an onboard booking), you may be already receiving number 3, and the complimentary wine as part of number 7)
- For suite guests, you already receive four of these perks (1,3,7,8).
Now, let's look at the costs:
- You can book your own Food & Wine Pairing Workshop for $29.00/per person
- Unlimited internet is $439.00 for two devices
- I have never taken an Inside Access tour but from what I have seen, it's about $150/per person
- Veuve Clicquot (Delicious!) really depends where you buy it. On average at a liquor market, it's about $50/bottle
- Laundry service on average is about $25 to $50 a bag.
I'm not so sure about the Captain's Toast and Photo, since all guests have the opportunity to take a photo with the captain as they are greeted with a glass of bubbly. But I think the Officer's Lunch sounds like a memorable experience and the food would be top notch. I think if I didn't have any complimentary perks already including with my booking or not staying in a suite, I'd definitely sign up for this. Purchase a veranda stateroom then add on the Celebrity Cruises Premier Pass - you are in for a truly luxury cruising treat!
Celebrity Cruises Extend Your Stay
Now you can extend your stay on disembarkation day! Here's the information direct from the Celebrity Cruises website:
Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Extend your vacation a few extra hours. Let us store your luggage while you relax by the pool and sip on a cocktail from your Classic Beverage package. Relax with a massage at the spa. There's so much more you can do. So, there's no need to rush to the airport. With Extend Your Stay, you can take your time and return home completely rejuvenated. Plus, we can arrange private or group transportation for you to the airport for an additional fee.
- Extend Your Stay program: Relax and spend more time on board on departure day.
- Classic Beverage Package for the day.
- Small bag with personal belongings
- Credit Cards
- Comfortable Clothing
- Swimsuit (if planning to use pool)
- Guests that sign up for Extend Your Stay in Fort Lauderdale are required to put their luggage outside their staterooms the evening before debarking. Luggage will be marked with Extend Your Stay Luggage and will be offloaded into the customs luggage area in Pier 25.
- Guests can stay in their room until 9AM.
- As per Federal regulation, all guests in Fort Lauderdale need to debark before anyone is allowed to go back on board. Extend Your Stay Guests will be led to the luggage area to collect their Extend Your Stay marked luggage and proceed to clear Customs.
- Once Customs is cleared, Extend Your Stay guests will be able to return to the ship and will be guided by our staff to drop-off their luggage in the designated area. A ticket receipt will be provided so guests can collect their belongings once departing the ship for good.
- Minibar service is not included in this program.
- Guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck.
- Please note that no exit and re-entry to the ship will be permitted on departure day.
- For your convenience, personal credit cards will be accepted for onboard purchases throughout the day.
- Private and group transportation is available upon request.
- Guests who have booked transfers through Celebrity Cruises will have the option to request a later transfer upon signing-up for the Extend Your Stay Program.
So, is the Celebrity Cruises Extend Your Stay worth it?
I have to admit, I'm already booked! For $79 per person fee for our Celebrity Reflection cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale, I'm taking into consideration a few factors that make it worth it to me (these are specific to Fort Lauderdale but the same applies to all departure cities):
- Flights home from Fort Lauderdale are typically less expensive the later in the day you leave. They know that cruise passengers have the first through mid-day flights out, so they charge a premium. The money you'll save per person may be more than the $79.
- If you are taking a later flight home, you'll be hanging out at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport for quite a few hours OR you will need to find something to do during the day. We have experienced both. Yes, the airport has a beautiful expanded new Terminal 1 (home of Concourses A, B and C and of 23 boarding gates) but there is only so much shopping, eating, and social media you can do for many hours as a family at the airport. Plus, it can still get overly crowded. Your next option is to use the Luggage Valet Service (if available in your departure city) and then enjoy your free time by having a leisurely lunch or day pass at a local hotel. Both of these options incur extra food charges, transportation, and more.
Here are a few more details that I've read: You will have to disembark the ship at approximately 9 AM in order to clear customs, then you can go back on board. You won't have access to a cabin but if you decide to swim in the pools, you may use the showers at the spa and the spa facilities to freshen up.
So you can hang out in a crowded airport for the day OR have a few hours in a place I've become familiar with, easily have a drink by the pool or in a lounge using a Classic Drink Package, and enjoy a good lunch in preparation for the long travel home. This is what Celebrity Cruises Extend Your Stay is all about and looks like a fabulous way to keep that vacation feel going, even if just a few hours more.