Celebrity Cruises Drink Packages
What's Included in a Celebrity Cruises Drink Package?
This is always the question! So, is it worth it to purchase a beverage package on Celebrity Cruises and what's included? I will break it all down to help you decide. The first thing to look at is how much you drink. Are you the type of person who has one glass of wine at dinner? Or do you begin the day with a mimosa, then a piña colada by the pool, a cocktail before dinner, and wine with your meal?
As a guide, I typically recommend if you think you will drink 6 beverages or more a day (this includes bottled water, fresh squeezed orange juice, specialty coffee, cocktails, wines by the glass (bottles are not included), a dessert drink or more), purchasing a beverage package would probably be the best for you. For me, I love the convenience of having a beverage package. It's convenient not to sign a receipt each time you order a cocktail, or when purchasing a bottle of water before exiting the ship for an excursion. I also enjoy being able to stop by different bars and try their specialties. Use your beverage package anywhere on the ship...from the dining rooms, to the lounges, poolside bars, Cafe al Bacio, even in the theater and casino.
Next question: Are you brand conscious? When you order a piña colada by the pool, are you happy with whatever rum the bartender uses, or do you request a top shelf brand? See below for a listing of the brands included in each type of beverage package. This information is directly from Celebrity Cruises website. If you are ready to purchase, click on Celebrity Cruises Beverages Packages.
Virtual Tip: If purchasing a beverage package, it's per person, not per cabin. Additionally, when having a drink, you are only allowed one at a time. For example, you can't go up to a bar and ask for 3 bottles of water.
See below for what is included in which drink package. There are three main groups of beverage packages:
- Standard Beverage Package
- Classic Beverage Package (Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic versions)
- Premium Beverage Package (Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic versions)
Are you a bottled water drinker or a soda drinker? There is even a Celebrity Cruises beverage package just for that!
- Soda Package
- Premium Bottled Water Package
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best way to purchase a beverage package? Often, if you purchase your next cruise while on board a cruise, they will include all or numerous perks, including a beverage package. This is my favorite way to snag a beverage package. Although if you have already booked your cruise and don't have a beverage package but decide you want one, keep a look out for specials they may have advertised. A few times a year, they may offer 10% off of your choice of a beverage package. (They sometimes have these sales on excursions as well.) Make sure your travel agent looks out for these discounts or you can regularly check the Celebrity Cruises website.
- What happens if you want a drink that is above the price of your drink package plan? For example, the price for a specialty cocktail at the World Class Bar could be as much as $15. If you have purchased a Premium beverage package, you will be able to order this drink, not a problem. If you have a Classic Beverage package, you have two choices. Either order the full size and they will charge you the difference OR ask the bartender to make you a smaller cocktail size with the liquor brand available in your package. Often they will do this.
- Can you order a beverage package after the cruise has started? Of course you can! If you decide once on board that you'd like a beverage package, you can visit Guest Services and have it added for the remaining days on the cruise.
- Can you get a bottle of wine with a beverage package? This is great to know since not all bottles of wine are available by the glass. A bottle of wine is not included as part of the package; however, you can enjoy a 20% discount with a Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package or a 15% discount with a Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. I've found the wine selection is spectacular on Celebrity Cruises, so you might not want to miss a sip!
- What's MY favorite cocktail? I'm asked this question frequently and have made a list of my 8 Best Celebrity Cruises Cocktails. Although not shown is a Bushwacker, which is one of my all-time favorites! Depending on the liquor they use, you can order this with a Classic or Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package. For other cocktail ideas and recipes, see what I make at home.
Scroll down for details on the selections and pricing. Plus, print Celebrity Cruises FREE drink package brochure to keep this information at your fingertips!